30 April, 2007

New Camera Coming!


Believe it or not I have never owned a digital camera.


Here it is 2007 and I am the last to jump on the bandwagon. The last time we got anything like this was back in 1995 when we got the Sony Hi-8 Camcorder for purt-ni $1000. That was right before Kellen was born and we have used it a bunch. That being said- we have been using the camcorder less and less and its become a hassle to get out and use anymore. That is all analog- so I need to figure out a way to transfer all that footage to DVD someday.


The camera is scheduled to arrive here this coming Thursday via FedEx. It is a Sony DSC-H2 that was last year's new release but is now being replaced by a newer version- but still this is a great camera from all the reviews I have read.


I didn't want an SLR because that is way too complex for what I will do with it. But I did want something a step up from a simple point and shoot. So this is the right model I think. It has a good rubber grip which is what I really wanted. So many of these silver flat cameras concern me because they appear to be to flat and slick- perfect for slipping out of my hand and breaking.


In the future, I will post more "home-made" photos here that are worthy of public consumption for the 3 people who read this blog.

No comments: