13 March, 2008

Two Month Anniversary



Wow I'm really doing this and it's working! As of yesterday I have lost 20 pounds.

At this rate I'm on track to be about 270 lbs by June 1 - triathlon day. The running is the hardest part for me. I can run for no more than about .8 miles at a time before I have to walk to recoup. On my hard walk/run days I go for 60 minutes on the treadmill. I have begun swimming again at the Sportsplex. I swam 1000 yards yesterday morning and will go about 2-3 time per week from now on. I plan to peak at 2400 yards per training in mid April.

I was at the pool at 6am yesterday and meet a guy named Chris who is a real Ironman! He is training for an Ironman in Arizona at the end of this month. He asked if I would swim in his Masters Class on Wednesday mornings - so I said "sure". Now there is a guy who can motivate me. It goes without saying that he is in perfect physical shape - something that I aspire to.

My appetite has really shrunk. I nibble on nuts during the day- but other than that- I have been very consistent on the following diet:
  1. Morning: 4 cups of coffee with half n half.
  2. Breakfast: Banana
  3. Snack: NutsLunch: protein shake or salad with 1 can tuna
  4. Snack: nuts
  5. Supper: protein shake or small supper whatever the family is having (no processed foods)
  6. Night: Fat free plain yogurt with sugar-free jello mix sprinkled on top

My calorie intake is never more than 2500 per day. It's funny even though I've lost 20 pounds, the pictures don't look all that different.

No comments: