25 February, 2008

Weight Loss Thoughts- Late February

I did it! Last night I broke the 300 pound barrier! It seemed to take forever to get there being on the new diet and everything. So far I have been pretty consistent on eating a banana for breakfast (with coffee), nut's for snacking, a salad every day for lunch, a protein shake after Nautilus workouts or cardio (depending on the day) and then a small portion of whatever is for supper (no fatty or high carb foods).

Thrice since January 12 I have "cheated". Once was going to Pearls in Elk Rapids for supper with a bunch of guys and the other wer twice when my lovely wife brought home pizza for supper - in which case I had a few pieces. (after cheating, I paid my penance at the gym the following morning.)

Yesterday, I ran/walked uphill on the treadmill for 3 miles for the first time. It is getting easier to do the long cardio workouts on the odd days (when not doing Nautilus). Speaking of Nautilus- the gym owner suggested that I start on "Line 2" at the gym which are machines that basically work the same muscles- but differently. In other words- they bend the muscles in a slightly different way to "shock" them into expanding in different ways.

It worked- I was shocked when I did Line 2. Now I alternate back and forth between Line 1 and Line 2 every other workout day. I am “red-lining” on every machine every time.

One thing that I found fascinating is my daily calorie intake. For a 300 pound male to maintain his weight- he needs to consume 5,591 calories per day. I have been eating no more than 3,000 calories per day on average. Based on simple math the weight must come off!

Now I have a new goal in addition to loosing 100 pounds. Competing in a triathlon this summer. More on that later.

No comments: