08 April, 2008

Now I see why people can get discouraged with weight loss and give up.


I have been at roughly the same weight for coming on two weeks now. Literally, gaining and losing the same 3-4 pounds day in and day out. All while consuming about HALF of the calories necessary to maintain that weight! About three weeks ago I got down to 288 and then in the ensuing week went up to 295 and have stayed there. Arghhhhhhh!


It started with Easter Sunday, March 23 when I gave myself a “free day” and took the family to Applebee’s for lunch. I had a steak, steamed vegetables and then (drum roll) ….apple pie with ice cream. That was the sin and I haven’t been able to live it down since.


I exercise six days a week broken down as follows:


Sunday: Long bike ride + walk/run (2 hours)
Monday: Nautilus Weight training (30 minutes)
Tuesday: Bike and swim (2 hours)
Wednesday: Walk/run (1 hour)
Thursday: Nautilus Weight training (30 minutes)
Friday: Free daySaturday: Bike or run (1 hour)

For the record I will record my average daily diet here (so that many years from now I can look back and see what I did).


CoffeeHalf n half and Equal sweetenerBanana
Protein Shake
1% Milk
Broccoli snack
Low Sodium V8 snack
Carrot
Celery
Green Pepper
Romaine Lettuce
Tuna – 1 can
Swiss Cheese shredded
Wishbone Salad Spritzer- Caesar
Nuts for snacking
Special K Granola Bliss snack
Chunky Healthy Request – supper
Fat Free Yogurt- snack
Sugar free Jello mix - snack

The above stuff never goes above 2500 calories per day. I think the one indulgence is the nuts. Those mixed nuts have a high calorie count and are almost impossible to stop eating.


My other theory is that a lot of fat is turning to muscle by the weight training- so maybe that is transformation that is “hurting” my weight loss progress. I’m not sure- but so far I’m managing to not get too discouraged as to give up. Gotta have faith, faith, faith…..

No comments: